AdPushup is an award-winning ad revenue optimization platform and Google Certified Publishing Partner (GCPP), helping hundreds of web publishers grow their revenue using cutting-edge technology, premium demand partnerships, and proven ad ops expertise. Our team is a mix of engineers, marketers, product evangelists, and customer success specialists, united by a common goal of helping publishers succeed. We have a work culture that values expertise, ownership, and a collaborative spirit.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be playing a pivotal role in enabling AdPushup to deliver to its ambitions. You will work with an amazing peer group that fuels this ambition. You will be responsible for an engineering team of 8-12 people.
Your Day-to-Day Tasks Include:
- Architecting solutions and drive the technical aspects for the projects.
- To lead, manage and hire a team of talented engineers.
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering team.
- To mentor the team and provide guidance and support in using processes and tools.
- To collaborate with other teams within engineering organization as well as cross functionality with other key stakeholders in Development, Product Management, and Project Management.
- To develop a good understanding of the culture, domain, product, mission, processes, competition, and teams to contribute actively and add value to the setup.
- To define clear tasks and goals for team members, and helping them deliver quality work, on-time.
- To help solve business needs with technology by evaluating technology options and implementing newer technology stacks.
- To check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering team.
- To create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering team to use and abide by.
You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering (computer science, information systems).
- 8+ years of strong experience managing software projects right from inception to launch, seeing the full lifecycle, building enterprise systems including at least 2 years of direct people management experience.
- Worked on large scale Java Projects/Applications with good understanding of web stack.
- Good understanding of nuances of distributed systems ( Microservices).
- Good understanding of relational databases (preferred – MySQL / PostgreSQL).
- Good understanding of reporting/BI systems (preferred – Crystal, Jasper).
- Worked with IaaS like Azure etc.
- Worked with Message Brokers and Application Containers.
- Analyse, design and architect, develop and maintain software solutions across multiple projects.
- Direct and provide ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors, set objectives, review performances, define growth plan and nurture.
- Drive best practices, and is a pro with agile methodologies / practices – SCRUM, Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Manage headcount, deliverables, schedules across ongoing projects, ensure that resources are appropriately allocated and timelines are met in accordance with the project roadmaps.
Why Should You Work for AdPushup?
At AdPushup, we have
- A culture of valuing our employees and promoting an autonomous, transparent, and ethical work environment.
- Talented and supportive peers who value your contributions.
- Challenging opportunities: learning happens outside the comfort-zone and that’s where our team likes to be – always pushing the boundaries and growing personally and professionally.
- Flexibility to work from home: We believe in work & performance instead of measuring conventional benchmarks like work-hours.
- Plenty of snacks and catered lunch.
- An attractive and equitable package with ESOPs on the table.
- Transparency: open, honest and direct communication with co-workers and business associates.