Managing the ads.txt file is a task publishers have to deal with every now and then—and doing it manually can be cumbersome. To help publishers, we’ve launched Manage Ads.txt, a free tool that simplifies the process of creating, updating, and managing the ads.txt file.
Ads.txt is a standard created by the IAB to prevent fraudulent sale of ad inventory. Publishers publicly list and update the names of vendors who are authorized to sell their inventory. This way, buyers can quickly assess the validity of the inventory they are purchasing.
The Problem with Ads.txt
Usually, ad networks send the names of vendors to publishers. Publishers are then required to update those names in a .txt format file and host the file on their web server. A single ads.txt file may contain hundreds of entries. Typically, publishers access the file on their web server and copy-paste the entries each time an update is needed. If a publisher owns more than one website, he/she requires a separate ads.txt file for each website.
This entire process is manual and is repeated each time new entries are sent by the ad network. It’s understood that having an ads.txt is for a publisher’s own good, however, the steps required to create and update ads.txt can be repetitive and time-consuming. Since this entire process is manual, it also becomes prone to human errors which can be hard to detect, and undermine the effectiveness of the ads.txt standard.
How Manage Ads.txt Can Help
Our free tool allows publishers to visually manage their ads.txt files from a single admin panel. The tool allows publishers to manage everything related to ads.txt files, including:
- Easy Setup with Import: If you have an existing ads.txt file, you can use our import tool to fetch the entries directly from your website without having to copy-paste anything.
- Visual Interface (GUI): Easily manage your ads.txt files using a point-and-click interface. No more manually editing entries—a process known to create errors.
- Multi-site Management: Our tool allows publishers to manage ads.txt files for multiple websites from a single panel. It’s the simplest way to protect your sites against ad fraud.
- Auto Validation Checks: Use our bulk uploader to create new entries and let our system handle the rest; including validation checks and duplicate detection and removal.
Benefits for Publishers
We know that ads.txt implementation is necessary for publishers, but managing it manually can get tiring. Our free tool automates the process and can help publishers:
- Save time: You will save endless number of hours that you would’ve otherwise spent manually managing ads.txt files for all your websites.
- Stay secure: Auto validation and de-duplication check ensures that your ads.txt files are compliant with the standards laid by IAB.
- Protect revenue: Having a secure ads.txt setup means that your website is better protected against fraudsters trying to sell your inventory.
Also, Manage Ads.txt is meant for both new and existing ads.txt users, i.e., new publishers can create their first ads.txt file, and publishers who already have a file can import it to get started. Existing AdPushup users can log in to their Manage Ads.txt account using AdPushup login credentials, others publishers can get started with Manage ads.txt here.
Shubham is a digital marketer with rich experience working in the advertisement technology industry. He has vast experience in the programmatic industry, driving business strategy and scaling functions including but not limited to growth and marketing, Operations, process optimization, and Sales.