Adsterra is a popular ad network in the ad tech industry. In this post we’ve done an unbiased Adsterra review to see how it compares to Adpushup.
- Founded in: 2013
- Supported model: CPC, CPM, CPI, CPA, CPL
- Payment method: USDT (tether), Webmoney, Paxum, Bank wire transfer, Bitcoin, PayPal
- Payment terms: Net-15
- Minimum payment threshold: $5 for Paxum and Webmoney, $100 for Paypal and Bitcoin, $1000 for Wire transfers
- Supported language: Any language
- Reporting: Real-time statistics
- Live publishers: 438 (as per SimilarTech)
- Minimum traffic: None
- Website: https://adsterra.com/
- Employee count: 51-200
- 100K+ successful campaigns
- 248 Geos covered
- 18K+ direct publishers in their network
- 30 billion impressions per month
- 12K+ brands, affiliates, media agencies and ad networks
Launched in 2013, Adsterra ad network is considered to be a good monetization platform for publishers due to its flexibility and smart solutions.
The ad network serves more than 30 billion impressions all over the world. It further claims to provide 100% fill rates, as more than 20k campaigns are running simultaneously on this ad network. Adsterra is currently hosting over 12,000 advertisers, more than 28,000 partners, and serves ads in 248 geographies.
Adsterra is a vibrant and fresh ad network for publishers who want to earn money by placing ads on their website. It helps publishers get maximum eCPM with their easy-to-use organic traffic solutions, while advertisers grow their ROI and meet KPIs.
What’s different about Adsterra is the emphasis on CPA marketing campaigns. Although the ad network offers multiple ad types including CPC and CPV, it’s the pop-unders that helps them stand out. As a publisher, you’ll be able to customise pop-unders – including where it appears on the screen, and how large the window is.
Adsterra also specializes in innovative advertising displays which is combined with unique ways of monetizing ads both on the mobile and desktop.
Adsterra Review: Key Features
Publishers can monetize any kind of traffic, be it desktop/mobile website traffic or social/mobile app traffic, with Adsterra. One major positive aspect of this ad network is that publishers can choose from its range of multiple ad formats:
These ads open up in a new window or tab behind the window that is in use.
- In-page push:
In-page push traffic differs by default. These ads are placed on a website similarly to banners, just a line of code. They don’t require subscriptions and don’t depend on browsers. As it comes from the basic principle, they are available only on the web page, not on devices. On the Adsterra platform, you can run multiple in-page notifications by picking any layout that has been battle-tested and proved to convert.
- Social Bar:
Social bar is a new and exclusive ad format. Its main feature is full customization. This means that the creatives can take any form, depending on your wishes and objectives. Social Bar allows you to create creatives in the form of chats, video teasers, messenger icons, interstitials, in-page pushes, notifications, and custom banners of any configuration.
Main benefits of Social Bar:
- Includes several highly engaging ad types
- Has a high CTR, which allows publishers to get more profits from advertising
- Highly dynamic and customizable (Offers users interesting creatives instead of beat-up banners)
- Data forwarding (e.g. email)
- Dynamic iFrame for scalable creatives (Doesn’t take up site space)
- Native Ads: These ad formats are already popular among publishers, as they blend seamlessly with the content. Adsterra claims that native ad formats can increase CTRs by 8 times as compared to regular display ads.
- VAST Pre-Roll Video: These video ads appear before the main content and are a great way to enhance user engagement. Adsterra serves pre-roll video ads by either using your VAST/VPAID tags or by hosting your videos.
- Banner Ads: Probably the most popular choice among publishers, banner ads are reliable and have high revenue potential. The ad network claims that publishers get 100% fill rates if they are using banner ads.
Other than multiple ad formats, Adsterra offers both self-serve and managed services for publishers. Additionally, publishers working in niches such as dating, gambling, games, e-commerce, sweepstakes, binary & crypto, utilities, and pin submits can use Adsterra for monetizing their websites.
Below are listed some other features of this ad network:
- Enhanced Security: In order to provide publishers with a safe experience, Adsterra uses third-party and in-house fraud detection systems, along with manual services.
- Automated Self-Serve Platform: For publishers who do not want to opt for managed services, the ad network offers automated solutions. This way publishers can easily launch a campaign, generate ad codes, track statistics, and change any other settings as they see fit.
- Top-Tier Support: Adsterra prides itself on providing personalized and quick services to their partners. Publishers can access Adsterra’s in-house developed design concepts.
- Multiple Payment Options: Publishers can choose from a number of payment options (more about payment-related details later).
- Innovative Anti-Adblock Solution: Adsterra has developed their own anti-block solution, which increased publisher revenue by 20%.
- Smart AI-based optimization tool: The tool analyzes your traffic and picks the most profitable offers that suit your audience for the effective website monetization.
- You are the ruler of your ad feed: all feed settings are adjustable, you can choose what verticals to exclude.
Adsterra Review: Payment
We have already stated that Adsterra has a number of payment options for publishers to choose from. Publishers will further be happy to know that this ad network doesn’t delay payments. Adsterra delivers payments twice in a month on a net-15 basis.
Publishers usually get paid on 1st or 2nd and on 16th or 17th of the month, given that their balance meets the minimum payout threshold. If these dates fall on the weekend or on some holiday, the payment is processed in 1-2 business days.
Additionally, publishers don’t need to put in a request for getting their payments processed, Adsterra processes payments automatically.
If you have not received on time despite meeting the minimum payment threshold, you should check if you have put all your personal and payment-related details.
Adsterra has an easy and transparent referral program. Publishers are given a referral link when they sign up on the ad network, which can be used to earn an extra 5% of the revenue that they are generating.
You can bring references via blogging about Adsterra, inserting the referral link on social media platforms, displaying Adsterra’s ads on your website, creating a video that features Adsterra’s dashboard, or by directly sharing the referral link with your friends or acquaintances.
Adsterra Review: Pros and Cons
- A flexible referral program that helps publishers earn 5% extra
- 100% fill rate
- Flexibility in terms of traffic that can be monetised
- Both managed and self-serve services are available
- 24*7 support system
- Support for multiple languages
- Three-level anti-fraud protection.
- Easy API and tracking integration
- Multiple cost models: CPA, RTB, CPC, CPM, CPI, CPL
- Multiple ad formats: Push Ads, Native Ads, Banner Ads, Pop-under, Social Bar (new!), Video pre-roll (VAST).
- 20+ filters targeting user activity
- No limitations in terms of traffic volume
- No traffic manipulation or exchanges allowed
- CPM rates may vary in different countries
- Minimum payout is somewhat high for publishers ($1000 for wire transfers, and $100 for payment methods other than wire transfers). However, the minimum payout on Paxum and Webmoney is only $5.
- No web support channel
How to Get Started on Adsterra
There are a few things to keep in mind. For example, you must have content on your site. Sites under construction or without any content will be rejected.
Apart from this, your site shouldn’t display too many ads during the time you register for Adsterra. For instance, sites with 5-6 pop-ups on a single page or 10-12 banner ads will not be approved.
Apart from this, Adsterra easily accepts small websites. They have no traffic volume restrictions. It’s quality over quantity for them. So, what really matters is your traffic quality, and not the numbers.
Publishers can easily sign up on Adsterra and start monetizing their websites in a matter of minutes. The ad network usually approves websites in about 10 minutes, unless some suspicious activity is discovered on the website.
Here the steps that you have to follow for getting started on Adsterra:
- Sign up: You simply have to provide your name and email for creating an account on Adsterra.
- Complete Registration: Just provide the necessary information for completing your registration process.
- You can then check the status of your request on your dashboard.
- You will also receive an email once your request has been approved.
- After this, you can put in the codes and start monetizing your website.
AdPushup vs. Adsterra Review
|Default JS-based integration||✔️||✔️|
|Native content recommendation||✔️||✔️|
|Ad mediation with 50+ networks||❌||✔️|
|Dedicated account manager||❌||✔️|
|Ad network agnostic||❌||✔️|
Managed Demand. Adblock Recovery. Greater Revenue.
AdPushup is a full-stack ad revenue optimization platform for publishers. The features include ad layout optimization, header bidding implementation, automated A/B testing, and adblock recovery.
The ad ops team at AdPushup takes care of all the heavy lifting of tasks related to operations and inventory management. Additionally, they have demand-partnership with top-tier ad networks and exchanges such as Google AdX, AppNexus, Rubicon, and OpenX, among others.
AdPushup is a Google Certified Publishing Partner and trusted by 300+ publishers including CNET, Deccan Chronicle, NDTV, and more.
On an average, AdPushup offers a 40% revenue uplift for their publishing partners. Get on a call with AdPushup to understand the potential of your inventory.
And this brings Adsterra review to a close, folks. Here’s hoping you’ve learned plenty about Adpushup vs. Adsterra review from all information we’ve thrown in throughout the post.
Become an Adsterra publisher by signing up or logging in. On the vertical toolbar, click the Direct Links tab. To add a new direct link, click ADD NEW DIRECT LINK. In the pop-up window, choose your traffic type (or link category), and check the ads you want to remove.
All you have to do is place the code on your website, Facebook page, or blog, and you will make money each time a visitor sees or clicks on the advertisement. It’s that simple. In addition to earning instant income with Adsterra, you will also receive the highest CPM rates in the industry.
Publishers with any amount of traffic (large or small) can benefit from Adsterra. You should consider this ad network if your traffic comes from the US or Europe. With high payments comparable to AdSense, it makes a great alternative to AdSense.
Shubham is a digital marketer with rich experience working in the advertisement technology industry. He has vast experience in the programmatic industry, driving business strategy and scaling functions including but not limited to growth and marketing, Operations, process optimization, and Sales.