Find the 18 best Supply Side Platforms for publishers in 2023. These platforms are the best to monetize your digital advertising.
During a survey carried out in the second half of 2021 among U.S. publishers, it was found that they used, on average, 5.4 supply-side platforms (SSPs). The number has been decreasing. However, the source projected that it would go back up to 5.8 platforms in 2022.
A supply side platform or sell-side platform (SSP) is a technology platform to enable web publishers and media owners to manage their advertising space inventory, fill it with ads, and receive revenue.
Supply-Side platforms (SSPs) allow publishers to make money from their websites by creating and selling ad inventory to marketers on an impression-by-impression or visitor-by-visitor basis. By selling ads in real-time, publishers can provide advertisers with better visibility into individual impressions and gain instant clarity into advertising demand.
Before delving into the list of top supply side platforms, let’s have a look at the wide array of features supply-side platforms have to offer.
What are the Features of Supply Side Platforms?
At the core of top supply side platforms lies their ability to manage ad inventory. This involves organizing, categorizing, and prioritizing available ad space across various digital channels.
Real-time Bidding (RTB)
One of the star players in the SSP ensemble is real time bidding. This dynamic feature enables advertisers to bid in real-time for ad impressions, creating an environment where demand meets supply in the blink of an eye.
Data Analytics and Insights
A supply side platform gathers and analyzes valuable insights about user behavior, ad performance, and market trends. These insights empower publishers and advertisers to fine-tune their strategies, enhancing the overall effectiveness of their campaigns.
Header Bidding Integration
Another noteworthy feature is the integration of header bidding technology. By allowing multiple demand sources to bid simultaneously, the SSP optimizes ad yield and boosts revenue. This harmonious bidding process harmonizes supply and demand like the crescendo of a musical masterpiece.
Ad Quality Control
Supply side platform monitors and filters out ads that do not meet specific standards, safeguarding the user experience and maintaining the integrity of the publisher’s brand.
SSP extends its reach across various channels. Whether it’s websites, mobile apps, or even connected TV, the SSP harmonizes the delivery of ads across these platforms, creating a melodious, cross-channel symphony.
Lastly, supply-side platforms fine-tune their yield optimization strategies. It dynamically adjusts pricing and allocation to maximize revenue for publishers while satisfying the demands of advertisers.
Top Supply Side Platforms (best supply side platform) in 2023
However, there are many top Supply Side Platforms (SSPs) to choose from, so picking the right one can be tricky. We have analyzed 18 of the best supply side platforms to help you make an informed decision.
1) Setupad – Best Supply Side Platform to Monetize Your Ads
- Partnered with 16 industry-leading SSPs
- Easy to implement
- Always up to date with industry standards
- 40-300% revenue increase
One of the top supply side platforms in the list is Setupad, which is a widely known solution, is already implemented by various publishers all over the world, and is one of the most preferred supply side platforms.
They connect the website’s advertising space to the top supply side platforms in a Header Bidding auction, which allows more buyers to participate and CPM prices to increase and helps monetize cross-border traffic, and helps publishers gain incremental revenues ranging from 40% to 300%.
Not just that, they do all the required yield optimization to allow publishers to get back to their true calling – quality content creation.
2) PubMatic Supply-Side Platform To Maximize Your ROI
- Optimize Access
- Improve Monetization
- Drive Operational Efficiency
Pubmatic is one of the best supply side platforms in the industry and Independent publishers can use it to take control of and grow their digital advertising businesses. It allows marketers to increase return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across a variety of ad formats and platforms.
- Precise Inventory Management: Efficiently organize ad inventory for optimal monetization.
- Dynamic Real-time Bidding (RTB): Lightning-fast auctions optimize revenue potential.
- Advanced Data Insights: Refine strategies with comprehensive user behavior analytics
OpenX is known for precise inventory management, dynamic real-time bidding (RTB), and advanced data insights. Publishers benefit from optimized ad placements, lightning-fast auctions, and data-driven decision-making, making OpenX one of the top supply side platforms.
4) Magnite (Rubicon) – The Largest Independent Supply Side Platform
Another one of the top supply side platforms is Magnite, which came into existence after the merger of Rubicon Project and Telaria in 2020, a deal the two said would create the world’s largest independent SSP. It is the best Supply Side Platform that has pioneered technology companies automating the buying and selling of advertising.
They have created one of the largest real-time cloud and Big Data computing systems, processing trillions of transactions within milliseconds each month. The platform provides publishers with its Private Marketplace (PMP), Programmatic Guaranteed (PG), and Auction Package capabilities to increase control over the sale of ad inventory.
5) Sovrn – Most Reliable Supply Side Platform for Ad Publishers
- Simplify the workflow
- Unlock more revenue
- Complete set of data and monetization tools
Sovrn serves publishers looking to improve programmatic revenue and optimized ad monetization. The platform offers monetization solutions and perks like audience insights while simplifying tasks like installation and management, among many others, through a feature known as OneTag.
Being a publisher in today’s rapidly evolving market means you have to be ready to make compromises and test new things all the time. It also means you should diversify your revenue options. Using more of these Supply-Side Platforms SSPs together will give you the best odds of expanding and evolving your business.
6) Index Exchange – To Maximize the Value of your Ads
- Cross-Channel Monetization
- Addressability solutions to a safe and tailored consumer experience
- Maximize yield by increasing competition for your inventory
Index exchange is one of the best supply side platforms, which offers its SSP services to publishers. The platform gives them the ability to automate the ad review process based on their requirements. Know specific industry types, content types, and creative types that should or shouldn’t be included in the content.
Index Exchange is a Supply Side Platform (SSP) that leverages programmatic advertising so that publishers can tailor ads to a consumer’s preferences, delivering ads that are meaningful to the consumer. IX also offers server-side integrations with specific partners for select publishers on user segmentation and audience targeting.
7) Sharethrough Omnichannel Supply Side Platform
- Scaled Across All Channels and Formats
- Focused On Direct Connections & Scale
- Advanced Technology & Tools to Enhance the Ad Experience
Sharethrough is an omnichannel supply-side platform that focuses on advanced real-time bidding (RTB) technology. Its objective is to create a sustainable advertising ecosystem for journalists, content creators, and app developers.
8) SpotX – Built for Optimal Efficiency in the Video Landscape
- A complete video ad-serving platform
- Simplify workflows while maximizing yield
- Monetize all your video inventory
SpotX is primarily a video-first supply-side platform that helps connect publishers to demand partners to sell ad space and video ad inventory. The platform does the heavy lifting, including ad management and ad trafficking, while also providing publishers with video ad products, making it one of the top supply side platforms.
9) Criteo – The Easy-to-Use Supply Side Platform
- Easy-to-use self-service platform
- Self-service ad campaigns
- Flexible control and transparent reporting
Criteo provides a diverse range of ads such as standard IAB, Sticky footer, native ads, rich media ads, and native API. Publishers can use this supply-side platform for Direct Bidder to increase their website’s ad revenue by establishing a direct connection between premium inventory and premium demand.
10) Smaato – One of the Best Supply Side Platforms
- Omnichannel platform
- Safe and secure marketplace
- An intuitive ad-serving solution with full monetization control
Smaato’s digital ad technology platform is an all-in-one omnichannel monetization solution and free ad server. Smaato gives publishers unrivalled control over their income. Publishers may import their own data and manage all of their inventory in one spot.
11) Xandr – Best Supply-Side Platform for Ad Monetization
- Streamlined buying and selling platform
- Data-driven yield optimization
- Holistic inventory and demand channel management
- Xandr SSP powers monetization through advanced tools
12) Media.Net – Supply Side Platform for Contextual Targeting
- Filters the user’s intent via relevant search keywords
- Easy access to high-quality display ads
- Prioritize your user experience with native ads
Media.net is part of the Bing and Yahoo! network. It gives publishers instant access to one of the most populated marketplaces for keyword-targeted advertisers. The size and scope of your niche make no difference, and you can find advertisers to match your content.
13) Adform SSP – Unlock the True Value of your Inventory
- Full DMP Integration
- Detailed Reporting and Analytics
- Rich Media Support
Adform’s SSP employs real-time bidding (RTB) to guarantee web and mobile publishers have more than enough top-grossing advertisers lined up. You can integrate Adform directly into your existing ad server and access premium ad networks.
14) Teads SSP – Best Monetization Solution for Publishers
- Traffic monitoring, real-time reporting/analytics
- Troubleshooting + optimization tools
- A range of tools to help publishers optimize their properties
Teads positions itself as the pioneer of out-stream video and the leading video advertising marketplace globally. Online publishers can connect with Teads to produce new video ad inventory to help monetize video content via programmatic buying.
15) Vistar Media – A DOOH Supply Side Platform
- Bring contextual ads to digital screens
- Buyers can evaluate and bid on inventory in real-time
- Connect buyers with digital out-of-home operators
Vistar Media presents publishers with an end-to-end programmatic revenue generation option. This comprises a supply-side platform (SSP), a demand-side platform (DSP), and digital signage software. The software enables automated, measurable, and data-driven digital out-of-home (DOOH) transactions.
16) ReklamStore SSP to Bring Buyers and Sellers Together
- Earn competitive eCPM rates
- Start generating revenue right away
- Dozens of different DSPs, ad exchanges, and direct buyers
It is one of the best supply side platforms for small and medium-sized publishers. With efficient advertising optimizations and ad placements, you will increase your eCPM and have a high fill rate all the time. Using proprietary algorithms, ReklamStore SSP shows relevant ads to your users by analyzing your website.
Dozens of different demand-side platforms, ad exchanges, and direct buyers are integrated into ReklamStore SSP’s network with header bidding technology.
- Eqautive allows the publishers to transact in their way.
- It’s a first ever in-app monetization platform in Europe.
- Next, it comes with the state-of-the-art SDK at your service
Equativ is also one of the top supply side platforms that redefines digital advertising, seamlessly blending ads with content for enhanced revenue. With predictive algorithms, it optimizes yield proactively, while unified data intelligence empowers tailored cross-platform campaigns, shaping a new era of monetization strategies.
- Real-time analytics empower agile decision-making on the fly.
- It ensures swift user experiences with data centers across USA, EMEA, and APAC, while managing over 600 billion monthly ad requests.
- E-Planning’s data-driven approach maximizes engagement by precisely targeting desired audience segments.
With an expansive global presence, E-Planning ensures seamless user experiences by leveraging data centers across the USA, EMEA, and APAC regions. Handling an impressive volume of over 600 billion ad requests monthly, E-Planning’s SSP drives efficient ad monetization strategies, solidifying its position as a leading player in the ever-evolving landscape of digital advertising.
Top supply side platforms help publishers and advertisers to monetize inventory with ease in order to achieve greater results. According to industry experts, supply-side platforms are practically mandatory for publishers who want to stay competitive.
Want to Maximize your ad revenue by up to 40% using a single platform? Set up a free demo with us here.
7) Index Exchange
and the list goes on.
Supply-Side Platforms allow publishers to connect their inventory to multiple ad exchanges, DSPs, and networks at once.
They connect to ad exchanges, ad networks, data-management platforms (DMPs) and demand-side platforms (DSPs) to sell ad inventory on behalf of publishers (e.g. websites and app owners).
1) Transparent reporting system
2) Support for multiple ad formats
3) Best price floors
4) Control over ad display
5) Brand safety
Deepak has a keen eye for detail and a deep understanding of the ad tech landscape. Whether it’s through in-depth articles, thought-provoking insights, or compelling storytelling, he’s dedicated to helping people navigate the complex world of ad tech with the simplicity of his words.