- Founded in: 2007
- Supported model: CPV, CPC, CTR, CPA
- Payment method: Payoneer
- Supported language: English
- Reporting: Taboola’s management and analytics dashboard ‘Backstage’ provides access to revenue reporting, audience development, organic content analytics, and editorial controls
- Live Websites: 228,395 (as per SimilarTech)
- Website: https://www.taboola.com/
- Employee count: 1,001-5,000 employees
Taboola, founded in 2007 by Adam Singolda, is known as the largest discovery platform in the industry today. Publishers can use this platform to monetize their websites, gain new audiences, and improve engagement with users. With a platform like Taboola, publishers can effectively monetize their websites through native advertising.
Taboola basically shows users ‘sponsored links’, also known as native ads, thereby helping them to discover related and new content. The platform is powered by Deep Learning, which means that users are recommended content on the basis of their interests and browsing behavior.
This platform can be especially useful for publishers who are looking for mobile web monetization, as it specializes in native advertising. Another noteworthy feature of Taboola is that it allows users to block and filter content, thereby ensuring that user experience remains a priority.
Here’s an example of how Taboola recommends content to users:
Taboola Features for Publishers
As we already mentioned, Taboola helps publishers by offering them solutions for building audiences, engaging users, and monetizing content on different platforms, such as newsletters and apps:
Build new audiences
- Actionable editorial insights- Publishers can improve the quality of their website content through A/B testing and actionable data insights.
- Optimized paid acquisition- You can further ensure that users spend more time on the website, acquire new loyal users, and keep track of revenue per visit.
- Audience exchange- Taboola allows publishers to receive more traffic by exchanging existing traffic with third-party sites and partners.
Engage users and ensure that they keep coming back
- Recirculation- Publishers can see what post-click behavior works best for them and optimize the same according to their needs.
- Organic video growth- They can also embed their own video players in Tabools feed, which includes ads.
- Personalization- You can optimize your website to offer personalized experience to each user, depending on the way they interact with your website.
Monetize different platforms
- Sponsored content- Publishers have the largest sponsored content marketplace at their disposal to monetize their content.
- Sponsored video- In-feed videos that are non-intrusive and blend seamlessly with the content can help publishers provide an enhanced page experience to users.
Pros and Cons of Taboola
- Templates suitable for mobile web monetization
- Audience targeting, segmentation, and retargeting
- Publisher can track traffic and conversion rates
- Comprehensive reporting
- Vast audience reach and emphasis on brand awareness
- Allows users to filter and block content
- Unorganized UI
- No free trial
- Only one payment method
How to Get Started with Taboola
For getting started with Taboola, you will have to fill out your information on the ‘contact us’ page. Soon after providing all the relevant information, you will be contacted by a sales person via email.
If your website meets all the necessary criteria, you can get started monetizing your website with Taboola in a few days.
AdPushup vs. Taboola
|Default JS-based integration||✔️||✔️|
|Native content recommendation||✔️||✔️|
|Ad mediation with 30+ networks||❌||✔️|
|Dedicated account manager||❌||✔️|
|Ad network agnostic||❌||✔️|
Managed Demand. Adblock Recovery. Greater Revenue.
AdPushup is a full-stack ad revenue optimization platform for publishers. The features include ad layout optimization, header bidding implementation, automated A/B testing, and adblock recovery.
The ad ops team at AdPushup takes care of all the heavy lifting of tasks related to operations and inventory management. Additionally, they have demand-partnership with top-tier ad networks and exchanges such as Google AdX, AppNexus, Rubicon, and OpenX, among others.
AdPushup is a Google Certified Publishing Partner and trusted by 300+ publishers including CNET, Deccan Chronicle, NDTV, and more.
On an average, AdPushup offers a 40% revenue uplift for their publishing partners. Get on a call with AdPushup to understand the potential of your inventory.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Taboola is a public advertising company. Publishers can use this platform to monetize their websites, gain new audiences, and improve engagement with users. With a platform like Taboola, publishers can effectively monetize their websites through native advertising.
Taboola has many pros:
Templates suitable for mobile web monetization
Audience targeting, segmentation, and retargeting
Publisher can track traffic and conversion rates
Vast audience reach and emphasis on brand awareness
Allows users to filter and block content
Some of disadvantages of Taboola are:
No free trial
Only one payment method