Founded in: 2012
Supported model: CPM, CPC, CPA, and CPL
Payment method: Wire transfer and PayPal
Payment terms: NET-30
Minimum payment threshold: $100
Supported language: English
Reporting: Real-time reporting
Live publishers: 21,000+
Minimum traffic: None
Employee count: 1300+ as of May 2021
Media.net is an advertising company focused on providing monetization products to digital publishers. The services include search, display, native, video, and mobile advertising to monetize publishers’ inventory.
Media.net is a Yahoo! Bing contextual network that manages high-quality ad supply to more than 500,000 websites. The company is in partnership with some of the large ad networks, publishers (TechCrunch and Forbes), and leading ad tech companies (Facebook Audience Network).
Media.net is one of the five largest ad tech companies and the second largest contextual advertising business. It has offices across New York, Los Angeles, Dubai, Zurich, Mumbai, and Bangalore. Media.net’s US HQ is based in New York and Global HQ in Dubai.
- Total ads served annually: 125 Bn+
- Ad clicks managed annually: 2 Bn+
- URLs monetized annually: 1 Bn+
Media.net Review: Key Features
Here are the key features offered by Media.net:
- Contextual ads: Media.net offers contextually targeted ads to all publishers. This type of targeting shows ads basis the content type on publisher site/app. For instance, if a website shares automobile blogs, users will see ads related to the automobile industry.
- Native ads: Media.net works greatly to show native contextual ads. Native ads match the design and layout of the site to show users non-intrusive ads.
- Mobile responsive ads: For mobile devices, Media.net has a responsive feature that lets publishers put responsive ad creatives that resize according to the screen size of the mobile or tablet device.
- Display to Search (D2S) ad format: This ad format is discovered by Media.net, where display units are used to show search type ads. The ad units are filled with keywords, when the user clicks on a keyword, it redirects to search engine like a page filled with search ads. For this, Media.net has partnered with search engines like Yahoo! and Bing.
- Media.net suite: The self-optimized suite with the ability to analyze large data. Then this data is used to match traffic with the advertisers without using cookies. Hence, increases the overall revenue of the publishers.
- Marketplace: The company has the second-largest contextual company with its connections to the entire global contextual marketplace. Access to bigger marketplace means more competition and more revenue.
- Forbidden content: Adult, illegal, tobacco, alcohol, ammunition, violence, gambling, profane, discriminatory, and offensive content.
Media.net as an AdSense Alternative
Media.net is often considered an alternative to AdSense. However, publishers can use Media.net and AdSense together. Using multiple ad networks can provide a better fill rate and revenue optimization.
Also, while Media.net allows publishers to place the ad codes on their WordPress sites, it doesn’t have a dedicated WordPress plugin at this time.
Publishers get real-time reporting in a neat and detailed dashboard, with easy access to impression and revenue data. The revenue can be further segmented using page-level and ad unit-level reports.
Dedicated account manager helps publishers to manage demand partnerships and oversee revenue optimization. Media.net also offers 24/7 phone support.
- Yahoo! and Bing advertising: Media.net started as Yahoo!-Bing version for Google AdSense. Although, it is not owned by Yahoo! and Bing anymore, but it is still in collaboration with these companies. When compared with AdSense, Media.net offers a better quality demand hence publishers are likely to make better profits from relevant traffic.
- Relevant contextual ads: With contextual ads, minimal user information is transferred in the ad delivery process while keeping the publisher’s revenue unharmed. During the expansion phase in the business cycle, Media.net has updated its technology to show only relevant contextual ads to users.
- Display to Search ad format: Pioneered by Media.net, D2S ad format works on the CPC model. As the ad format takes clicks on search terms (keywords), advertisers get a clear idea about the intent of the user that helps them to target users in a more sophisticated manner.
- Media.net Marketplace: Media.net has one of the largest pools of advertiser budgets. It has exclusive demand from the Yahoo!-Bing Network and premium DSPs which gives publishers an enhanced revenue opportunities
- US dollar payments only: Media.net only offers payment in USD. This criterion is fine for partners from the US. However, the rest of the partners (including publishers) get stuck-up in the process of unfriendly currency conversion steps.
- Requires most traffic from the top-tier countries: The company asks for the major traffic from top-tier countries like US, Canada, UK, and such countries. Remember, it is an invitation based network, and a publisher’s website can be rejected if Media.net finds the quality of traffic is not good enough.
How to Get Started
Media.net is an invitation-based ad network. Meaning, Media.net will look through your site/app and basis their minimum requirements and company policies, it will approve/reject the publisher.
Once the publisher gets the approval, the logins to the dashboard will be provided. In the case of multiple websites, publishers can add them to the panel under one account. The publisher also gets a dedicated account manager as a Media.net representative.
Once on-boarded, you can start making ad units and place the code. The process is simple if you have used AdSense. And for any kind of assistance and support, you can reach out to your Media.net account manager.
Managed Demand. Adblock Recovery. Greater Revenue.
AdPushup is a full-stack ad revenue optimization platform for publishers. The features include ad layout optimization, header bidding implementation, automated A/B testing, and AdBlock recovery.
The ad ops team at AdPushup takes care of all the heavy lifting of tasks related to operations and inventory management. Additionally, they have demand-partnership with top-tier ad networks and exchanges such as Google AdX, AppNexus, Rubicon, and OpenX, among others.
AdPushup is a Google Certified Publishing Partner and trusted by 300+ publishers, including CNET, Deccan Chronicle, NDTV, and more.On average, AdPushup offers a 40% revenue uplift for their publishing partners. Get on a call with AdPushup to understand the potential of your inventory.
Shubham is a digital marketer with rich experience working in the advertisement technology industry. He has vast experience in the programmatic industry, driving business strategy and scaling functions including but not limited to growth and marketing, Operations, process optimization, and Sales.