- Founded in: 2011
- Supported model: CPM, CPC, CPL, CPI, and CPA
- Payment method: PayPal, ePayments, WebMoney, Payoneer, Skrill, and Wire Transfer
- Payment terms: NET-07 (Every Thursday)
- Minimum payment threshold: $5
- Supported language: English and non-English
- Reporting: Real-time reporting
- Live publishers: 9017
- Minimum traffic: None
- Website: https://propellerads.com
- Employee count: 201-500
Founded in 2011, PropellerAds offers display, native, video, and mobile ads along with the affiliate services. With 8 years of experience and having worked with over 150K publishers, PropellerAds claims to offer the best CPM rates in the market.
PropellerAds has developed in-house algorithms that enable better matching of users and advertisers. Along with being an ad network for the publisher, PropellerAds is also a self-serve platform for advertisers, using which they can create and design their ad campaigns.
PropellerAds is easy to get started with and publishers can create and paste ad codes on their own. However, for better support, the company provides personal account managers as well.
Here is the list of features offered by the company:
- Global coverage: PropellerAds claims to monetize 100% web traffic with its massive advertiser pool from around the globe. This means websites with non-English content can get advertisers wanting to show ads to a specific native language audience.
- Clean ads: With the help of technology and manual automation, PropellerAds monitors the quality of ads on the website. The same is used to filter out ads with malware and obscene content, only showing high-quality and risk-free ads to users.
- AdSense compatible: Most publishers partner with multiple networks (including Google AdSense) for better ad revenue monetization. Keeping this in mind, PropellerAds has designed its platform to work smoothly with AdSense on the publisher’s website.
- Adblock Bypass: Ad blockers cause revenue loss for publishers. Adblock Bypass, a solution by PropellerAds, offers publishers a way to monetize ad block users by replacing standard display ads with non-intrusive ads (like native ads).
- OnClick PopUnder Ads: Also known as ClickUnder ads, these ad types expand to full-screen mode if users click on them. These ads offer more details to the users with a link to the advertiser’s website. The format can help generate more revenue for publishers and also gives a clear picture of the user’s interest to advertisers (this data can be later used for retargeting), thanks to user’s click on the page.
- Publisher community: PropellerAds has an online publisher community with frequent meetups for idea sharing and to help publishers grow their business.
For mobile publishers, PropellerAds has a push notification service to drive more traffic. This is done by showing a notification on the user’s screen about the latest content or services on the site which might interest him/her.
The company has recently updated its payment terms. With this new update, the minimum payment threshold has been reduced to $5. Also, publisher earnings are credited using an automated system to avoid manual error and delay.
Just like any ad network, PropellerAds rewards publishers with traffic from top-tier countries. However, it is also open for websites with non-English traffic and content, for both desktop and mobile platforms.
From standard banner ads to responsive rich-media ads, PropellerAds has many ad formats for publishers to choose from. Its dashboard supports over 9 languages for publishers to better understand the ad revenue in their native language.
- No minimum traffic requirement: For small publishers, no minimum traffic requirement has to be the greatest advantage. They can start monetizing their website even with few visitors. This encourages publishers to improve site traffic and as they earn.
- Wide range of payment options: PropellerAds payout via PayPal, ePayments, WebMoney, Payoneer, Skrill, and Wire Transfer. Meaning, publishers have more options when it comes to getting their payments.
- Low payment terms and threshold: The company recently updated the payment policies and reduced the minimum payment threshold to $5 with weekly payout (on Thursday). Again, this is great news for small publishers as weekly payments boost their confidence in the business and company.
- Lower revenue for non-English sites: The platform supports non-English languages, but the revenue generated with such websites is not as good as English websites.
- Low CPM on the low-quality website: PropellerAds reviews website UX and design in its assessment. If your site doesn’t meet quality standards, expect lower CPM.
- No header bidding: Header bidding is one of the most powerful monetization methods available for publishers today. As the company doesn’t offer header bidding, PropellerAds publishers miss out on this technology and its benefits.
How to Get Started
If you are new to PropellerAds, sign up as a new user. Enter your personal details, contact information, and property (website) details to access the dashboard.
Publishers are asked to choose the payment methods from the available options and notification settings. Upon reviewing the terms and conditions, the publisher gets to access the dashboard.
Registration is free and PropellerAds is open to all publishers. However, if invalid traffic and/or adult content is found on the site, the publisher will be blocked from the services.
On the PropellerAds dashboard, publishers can add website(s) to the account. Next, the ownership of website needs to be verified by adding a tag by PropellerAds to the website. Once verified, publishers can start creating and placing units to the site.