GumGum Review Factsheet:
- Founded in: 2008
- Supported model: CPM
- Payment method: Paypal and Wire Transfer
- Minimum payment threshold: Minimum payout is $50.
- Payment duration: The payment duration is 60 days, which means if your account balance reaches $50 at the end of December then you will get paid in February last.
- Supported language: English
- Reporting: GumGum’s publisher dashboard is easy to use and has basic reporting features.
- Number of publishers: GumGum Advertising has integrations with more than 2,000 premium publishers.
- Website: https://gumgum.com/
- Employee count: 300
GumGum is an ad tech company specializing in contextual intelligence. The company leverages on their machine learning expertise for extracting value from digital content.
GumGum offers a full suite of future-proof ad tech solutions to advertisers.
Verity™, GumGum’s contextual advertising engine, comprehends the meaning of text, images and videos, allowing marketers to precisely place ads where people are most engaged.
GumGum’s advertising solution delivers accuracy, performance, and industry leading efficiency. It also combines brand safety intelligence and contextual targeting with high-impact ad formats.
Essentially, GumGum is a leader of in-image advertising. Through their state-of-the-art in-image advertising, the company helps the publishers benefit from their creative images and generate higher revenues.
GumGum is a CPM ad network. Publishers are paid for each view. Hence, traffic to pages with images are counted.
GumGum Review: Key Features
Here’s some of the best features of GumGum ad network:
1. Contextual Intelligence:
GuuGum helps publishers drive more revenue through their sophisticated contextual engine, called Verity. Verity is a machine learning platform that understands text, images, videos, and helps publishers customize their content for niche audiences.
Publishers can curate content packages, ensure brand safety, automates tagging, and preserve inventory using this tool.
Publishers can connect directly to GumGum’s unique, premium demand for custom and display inventory, through OpenRTB, Prebid S2S, or Amazon TAM/UAM.
3. Header bidding Integration
Header bidding integration is available via Index Exchange or PreBid adapters.
4. Easy to implement
Get clear, easy to use instructions directly from our solutions engineering team.
5. Dedicated Account Manager
Publishers on GumGum get to partner with exclusive account managers and experts who help them build new strategies, understand key trends, and boost revenue.
6. 24/7 Support
GumGum is known for their 24/7 customer service. Their team works in three different continents, so they’re always available to address customer queries.
GumGum Review: Types of Ads
1. Display ads:
GumGum’s display ad solutions offer a combination of engaging, conversion-focused, and high impact formats that align with your brand’s goals. Here’s some of the GumGum’s most popular display ad formats:
- In-screen expandable
- In-image canvas
- In-image expandable
- In-screen frame
- In-screen expandable corner
- GumGum display
- GumGum standard
2. Video Ads:
GumGum offers highly visible and engaging out-stream videos including:
- In-screen expandable video
- In-image canvas video
3. Interactive Ads:
GumGum ad units are interactive functions to any of our core units when looking to achieve additional engagement:
- Flick/Click through
- 360 Video or Image
- Map Functionality
4. Custom ad tech:
Publishers can also leverage GumGum’s intelligent technology to create ad campaigns that are engaging, interactive, and memorable:
- Image recognition
- Colour recognition
5. In-article ads:
GumGum supports multi-frame in-article ads that drive user views within contextually relevant content through:
- In-article shoppable ads
- In-article video ads
GumGum Review: Advantages
GumGum offers following advantages to the publishers :
- GumGum has the global reach of 550 million and 200B+ impressions
- GumGum ads don’t load until content comes into view. This ensures an excellent viewability rate.
- Viewers spend 2X more time viewing GumGum ads as compared to the standard display ads.
- GumGum ads are compatible with Google Adsense, which means, publishers can use both these ad networks on the same webpage.
- GumGum ads are only displayed when there are images on that page. Since these ads are displayed within the image, they don’t take up much area of your site.
- Best part about GumGum is that ads are not intrusive, and they don’t disrupt user experience.
GumGum Review: Disadvantages
GumGum is a promising advertising network, but it has few drawbacks as well:
- GumGum offers only CPM. There is no CPC, which means publishers need very good traffic to be successful.
- Their primary focus is on USA traffic. Hence, if you have traffic from countries other than the USA, they might not work well.
- GumGum ads support pages with images. Hence, the traffic should be on your pages with images (not the overall traffic).
How to get started on GumGum:
The signup and approval process is easy on GumGum. Advertisers and publishers can apply by signing up on their website and seeking approval. GumGum also approved small websites with fewer content and few images earlier.
GumGum Review Conclusion:
GumGum is a powerful advertising network. However, it’s not suitable for all publishers. It will be suitable for sites that have image-dominated websites and also have a significant amount of traffic from the USA. In all other cases it is not worth using it.
AdPushup vs GumGum review:
AdPushup is a full-stack ad revenue optimization platform for publishers. The features include ad layout optimization, header bidding implementation, automated A/B testing, and adblock recovery.
The ad ops team at AdPushup takes care of all the heavy lifting of tasks related to operations and inventory management. Additionally, they have demand-partnership with top-tier ad networks and exchanges such as Google AdX, AppNexus, Rubicon, and OpenX, among others.
AdPushup is a Google Certified Publishing Partner and trusted by 300+ publishers including CNET, Deccan Chronicle, NDTV, and more.
|Google Certified Publishing Partner||✔️||❌|
|A/B testing for all ad types (not just in-line images)||✔️||❌|
|AdBlock Monetization (Pro-user & ad reinsertion technology)||✔️||❌|
|Automated Layout Optimization With ML||✔️||❌|
|Advanced Solutions (control over HB auctions, bid caching, unified bidding module)||✔️||❌|
|Advanced Unified Reporting (9 dimensions and 8 filters)||✔️||❌|
* The review was done in October 2021, on the basis of information available on AdPushup and GumGum’s official website. If there are irregularities, get in touch with the author.
On an average, AdPushup offers a 40% revenue uplift for their publishing partners. Simply put, Adpushup assures Managed Demand, Adblock Recovery, and Greater Revenue.
Get on a call with AdPushup to understand the potential of your inventory.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is GumGum?
GumGum is an in-image ad network. It’s contextual advertising engine comprehends the meaning of text, images and videos, allowing marketers to precisely place ads where people are most engaged.
2. Is GumGum a DSP?
Yes, GumGum is a leading Demand Side Platform (DSP) in advertising technology.
3. Can Publishers use GumGum with AdSense?
GumGum ads are compatible with Google Adsense, which means, publishers can use both these ad networks on the same webpage.